Frequently Asked Questions About Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
We understand that you have questions about the services we offer and how hypnosis works. Here we have listed a number of common questions and answers for you.
If you have any other questions that are not answered here, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
The state of hypnosis is a natural state of being that can be compared to being in a daydream or being absorbed in a good book or movie. You will be conscious of what is going on and yet feel deeply relaxed.
Yes, you can! Everyone, given the right conditions, easily enters hypnosis because it is a very natural state of being. The state of hypnosis is very much like whenever we daydream or are absorbed in a good book or movie.
The client is guided into a relaxed trance state (hypnosis), and the hypnotherapist communicates positive suggestions for the person’s subconscious mind to absorb.
Hypnosis is a safe and natural process; Hypnosis is a trance state. It can be compared to drifting off and being in a daydream or being fully absorbed in a movie or book. It is where we concentrate and fixate our undivided attention on one thing and in doing so, tune out all other stimuli. It is very much a relaxed state that can be likened to the in-between state of being nearly asleep but not asleep.
Everyday examples include:
• Being absorbed in a pleasant task and losing track of time
• Doing a mundane task (such as washing the dishes) while thinking about something else, to the degree that you can’t remember performing the task.
The Hypnotherapy Program is for you if:
- You want to use the power of your subconscious mind to create healthy long-term habits and behaviours to support the life you want to live.
- You want to experience a deeply relaxed state whilst being in full control, using the power of your subconscious mind to bring about profound change.
- You are willing to explore and change any limiting beliefs or attitudes.
- You are ready to stop self-sabotaging behaviour and participate wholeheartedly in making the changes you want to make.
- You are ready for deep clarity into the underlying reasons that motivation your habits and behaviours.
- You don’t want to spend months in therapy dredging up old wounds.
The Hypnotherapy Program is not for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix and don’t want to participate in making the changes you want.
- You suffer from epilepsy or are on antipsychotic drugs.
- You’re looking to give away responsibility for the issues you are experiencing.
- You’re not interested in healthy long-term solutions to your long-term problems.
NLP, or neurolinguistic programming, is a leading-edge behavior modification approach developed in the 1960’s. It utilizes your unique communication style to influence positive change.